Monday, March 16, 2009

Handbag Card

This is the start of a week of handbags. We had a swap over at Craftmad for the month of February where we created wonderful little paper handbags and filled one with goodies. For the month of March we are to make one card using the second handbag and a second card with the handbag theme in mind. I like this card but I am not over the moon about it. I like all parts of it but ..... Just looking at the photo now maybe if I had done the machine stitching in a stronger colour that may have made the difference.

To create the card I used SU Pretty in Pink, I machine stitched swirls on as a background. Along the bottom I stitched one row of stitching and then removed the thread for a line of holes. Added three paper flowers along the right edge and three Kaisercraft bling along the left, inked the edge of the card using SU Pretty in Pink inkspot. I stamped the greeting "Enjoy life's moments' with clear versa mark then inked with SU Pretty in Pink inkspot and then clear heat embossed it. I layered this all up and added some more bling. The handbag I cut out on my robo....this time was not so plain sailing as the paper kept getting caught. I must buy a new cutting mat. Anyways, to finish off the handbag I cut a second handle in the green. Using fancy edge scissors cut a little tab for the front and added a leftover piece from a gold sticker for the clip. Added a strip of green and a gold edge sticker along the bottom and ran some more gold edge sticker around the bag.


1 comment:

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails