Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chalked Flowers

Hard to know what will happen next in Australia. We have been have floods and fire. Today it's cyclone and earthquake. Amazing. We have missed the cyclone as it is still travelling down the coast...I hope it just peeters out like most of them do. The earthquake was in Melbourne and was apparently 4.6 on the richter scale and no one injured.

Now for some cards. These are three cards I did last year. I hand drew the flowers and vases on white paper and then colour them in with chalks.
1st card: I used an orange base card and rounded the two right hand corners, attached background paper and a piece of ribbon. Rounded the corners on my flower image and attached.
2nd card: I used black leathercraft card as the base card and then a wonderful background paper, attached a handwritten greeting to the bottom of the card. Around the edge of the flower I did faux stitching. This is were you pin prick around the edge evenly and then with a black pen draw a line from hole to hole. Make sure the pen actually sits in the hole a little to leave a little more ink...seems to make it more realistic.
3rd card: Lilac base card, background paper, I printed off a greeting from the computer and added that to the bottom of the card, then attached the flowers with four heart brads.

1 comment:

  1. your flower cards are so pretty, i love the colour blending on the pots and the fake stiching is fantastic

    sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails