Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Colin (cycling Card) and Happy New Year Everyone.

Yes, birthday's have already started in our household for the year. It is my husband's birthday today. Colin really enjoys cycling and cycles to work most week days which is approx a 40km round journey. Then some weekends and Wednesday nights he can be found road racing or track racing. So that is where the theme of the card came from.

I started with a pre scored blue card. Layered with SU Walk in the Park designer paper (I think). Amazing what you can do with a scrap of card. I really wanted to use red and the SU red from Bold Brights was just what I was looking for. All I had left was a square of about 10cm which I managed to cut a circle from and two strips. I must order some more. The cycling picture I got from a 'Sports Illustrated' book I picked up last year for $2..... perfect. I have used my Spellbinder Nestabilites for the medallion. Which I stamped using my wonderful Just Rite Stampers. This is the first time I have used all the tiny letters to spell out my own greeting on the outside ring. Oh this is going to be so much fun. :-) Finished the card with three square blings which I turned on a angle.

Happy New Year to you all.......

8 comments:

  1. Awesome card merry, sure Hubby will love it!

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card,love the image!!! Happy New Year and best wishes for 2010!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well "Happy Birthday" to your hubby. You've made him a wonderful card which I'm sure he will treasure. He must be super fit!

    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and your family, Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very neat card Merry. Happy Birthday to your husband. What a nice start for the new year, a party for sure!!! I also was just checking out your Gordonvale blog. What a lovely town. Loved the open air market. Merry Happy New Year and may 2010 be peaceful for all. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the way you have co-ordinated background paper with the circle. Been thinking about buying those Just rite stamps -look a bit fiddly though?
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an fantastic image on the card- great

    Elma from germany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your hubby!! :)
    What a perfect card for him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails