Monday, January 18, 2010

Go Karting and a Cool Cat Card


Yes, this is me yesterday flying around the home straight bend. lol. Well I thought I was flying until I hopped out of the car and was informed that I was 1 sec slower than the 7-8yo boy that had been racing previously. It was such a fun day and I hope we do again real soon. We were up at Mareeba Mako Trac.


Here is a card I created for my friends hubby whose birthday is a little later this month. I wanted to use the Papertake Weekly sketch as I was seeing some lovely cards created with it. Also I wanted a card for my weekly Inspiration Challenge over at Craftmad. This weeks theme is Blue and Green. Just remembering that old saying of 'Blue and Green should never be seen except with a colour in between'.

I have used paper and card that I won last year, sorry I can't remember the name of the pack. I have used this wonderful free image from Talk to the Ham blog. This cat is so much fun to colour. I used my watercolour pencils and aqua pen. Finished the card with a Letraset Birthday rub-on on white card that I had embossed with my Swiss Dots folder and added my own embossed line.

Challenges I would like to enter this card into:-

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic card,
    Dont worry about being slow, I was in a banger race once thinking I was going well, and when the race finished my hubby said that if I was any slower he could have done a oil painting of me,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesnt it feel good to get out with the 'young ' ones lol we can still keep up anyday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so fun! Way to go Merry!!!

    LOVE That cool Cat card, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cool cat. wonderful card. Great photo. Looks very happy sitting in the go cart.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAHOOOOOOOO!! That looks like fun!
    Sounds like a great day and your card looks wonderful...super cute image!
    To answer your question a Whopper is a malted milk ball. We also have Whopper burgers but I used the candy of course! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that looks like fun. Who cares how fast or slow as long as you had a go and had a ball!!
    Thanks for you lovley messages. I took your advice and searched for some inspiration! Thanks again.
    Love your card. (I remember that saying!) Your teenager card looks fantastic too. So clever to be able to whip it up so quickly!

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. *wow*
    What a gorgeous card! I love the beautiful papers, all the details and your colouring.

    Your foto is cool ;o)

    Have a nice week.
    Hugs
    Swaani

    ReplyDelete
  8. .......lol......the kids seem to be beating us at alot of these things these days,looks like you had fun!!! Love your card and papers, and what a fab image!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there brave lady! Fabulous card, just as cool as the cat! Love him! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yesterday looked fun Merry, but so annoying how the youngsters are so adept at these things.

    Great card by the way.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, very cool cat! Thanks for taking part in PaperPlay Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh boy what a cool dude this is loving it thank you for joining our challenge at Digital Tuesday

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fabulous card. Love the fun image and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun is he? Great coloring and paper choice here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, Merry - the image is perfect for a bloke-y card!!

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails