Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A4 Sheet Box - Paper Flower Topper

I created this box to match the card I gave to my friend Anita which I posted here. I have hidden a gift card inside....thought this added a little bit of a surprise. Below I have taken photos of how I made the flower topper. Fun and easy. This will probably be the end of my tutorials for a while.....can't get into a habit. :-)

The box I used SU Pacific Point which I stamped with a flower and greeting from the SU Good Friend set. The papers I am sure are from the SU Good morning Sunshine Design Papers. I have added glitter to petals of each flower but that has shown in the photo. Also coloured Good Friend with yellow sakura pen which of course turned green.

I cut five strips 8cm x 1.5cm. To create each petal place a little double sided tape on to the back of the top of the strip. Now pull the the top end down to meet the bottom end, overlap a little and adhere.

One petal completed....four more to go.

To create the flower - on the first petal at the base I place approx 1cm square of double sided tape then put the next petal on top of this. Then repeated with another 1cm square of double sided tape and attached the next petal.

Then I hid all the messy ends with a cream paper flower and a wonderful ladybug split pin that I had received from Deborah (Cards and Things) and had been saving for someone special.

10 comments:

  1. Great flower - love that ladybug pin can see why you have been saving it.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic,
    adore that flower,
    thanks for sharing how to make it,
    Love the background you have now as well, ;)
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea. i will have to give it a try the next time I give a giftbox.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful,I love the bow!!! I have this tutorial,but like many others I have yet to give it a go!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This so cool!! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing & inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME mERRY!!! Gonna have to try that with my ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute box you have created and I just think that flower is amazing! I can't believe how simple it is with your tutorial! It really is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. But this is a great habit, Merry! I love the box and the flower is fantastic! You make is look easy! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing, going to have a try making it as soon as I have 5 mins.

    helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gonna give that fantastic flower a try, thank's for inspiring me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails