Thursday, January 21, 2010

Free Standing Pop Up Card

Flat card ready to put in the envelope.

Pull the tag and Tadah! a card base emerges.

Yes, another card I had been seeing all over blogland and just had to try. This card is for my friends birthday next week. I have used the tutorial from over at Splitcoast Stampers....great tutorial as per normal.

I use SU Blush Blossom for the base of this card which I stamped with a dotty stamp from the Stamping Up stamp set Fun Filled. I used Versa Mark and Blush Blossom inkspot. I have added a beautiful 'Best Wishes' sticker from the Sticker Store. To create the tag I have used yet another image that was sent to me in an image swap over at Craftmad. So again, sorry I do not no the name....mental note...we should write names on back of images. Anyways, I coloured the image with my watercolour pencils and aqua pen. Then layered this onto SU Perfect Plum. I really liked how the lady in her tutorial had the layered circles around the eyelet at the top of the tag. So out came my nestabilities and I cut two circles and folded them in half over the tag and added the eyelet. Found some offcuts of ribbons that matched. All done. :-)

7 comments:

  1. OH WOWSERS Merry, that is totally neat!!! I have never seen anything like it before, thanks for the linky.

    Thats amazing, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one! Fantastic idea and love the birds!! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! That is so cool! I really have never seen one of these before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW such a fab card and beautiful image!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry what a fantastic idea, I must be visiting different places on blogland, cos this is the 1st one I have seen, great job, must have a look at that tutorial...hope you are well, been ages since I have been over here, for that I apologise....take care my dear friend. Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so fab,have'nt seen this on scs at all,will have to try it.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute!! One of these days I will need to try one of these!!
    By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog on the High Hopes blog hop! We're having so much fun with this release!!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails