Monday, January 11, 2010

Back with another Easel Card

I told you I enjoyed that Easel card yesterday and couldn't resist to do another one. I have created this card for the December/January swap over at Craftmad. We had to used the latest Craftmad Journal (Hot and Festive see my sidebar) as inspiration. So I have created a using Kaye's techniques on page 15. This is also my first entry into the Stamping Vacation -Pick Three Challenge. I have picked -1. image of theme, 2. sentiment that uses the theme, 3. cardstock colour that compliments the theme.

My base card is SU River Rock then a layer of SU Purely Pomegranate. I found and old card front that my Mum had saved years ago added to her collection of wonderful scrap pictures and passed to me when the kids were young. So this picture is at least 15yo .... how is that for vintage recycled. Anyways, I cut the image up into random shapes and then adhered it to a sheet of silver jak paper (jak paper is adhesive on one side). I then peeled off the backing sheet and adhered the silver to the SU Purely Pomegranate. Finished with a lovely green paper flowers, Pomegranate pearl bling and a Best Wishes sticker. I then found a saying for the inside of the card which I layered up and punched holes with my leather punch across the top.

Once I had finished I realised that the card wouldn't fit into any envelope that I had. So I had to make my own. I used the lovely paper from Kaiser-craft called Bird Song - Morning Flight.

8 comments:

  1. I'm amazed you kept this for 15 years!! The picture looks wonderful and you did a good job with it on this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful,I love what you have done with the picture!!! I have done that with pictures for my scrapbooking and love the effect!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Merry. Aimeslee from Pick3 here. Had to come see your card. It's lovely. Love the Emerson quote, too. I know as I've gotten older, I've seen the wisdom in it, for sure. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. another lovely one merry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry, this is stunning! Love it!

    Thanks for playing along with the PICK 3 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. not seen this technique before, you have made a great job of it. I love Emerson - and this is so apt.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card. I can see why
    Denise chose it for her Top 3. I'll be back to visit again sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails