Saturday, January 16, 2010

Card Holder

Outside of Card Holder
Front Cover
Back Cover
Inside

Now this was such a simple project for me in my head. lol. I thought I would just take a sheet of this SU Groovy Guava as it is not a colour I use a lot on my cards and place some circles from scrap paper on the front. Yeah!!! Easier said than done. I started this project last night and finally finished this morning. I am happy with it now. I needed the card holder to send off some cards to a friend.

So I used an A4 sheet of SU Groovy Guava folded up approx 5cm along the long edge. Then folded in half to create the folder. I then cut a 'v' shape from the centre of the folded up flap and a small triangle from each end of the flap...this makes it sit nicer.

Next I cut lots of circles with my Nestabilities both Scalloped Edged and Plain Circles. I have used white card which I embossed through my 'Swiss Dots' folder in the cuttlebug. Also used papers from the "Once Upon a Time" paper pack I have. I mixed and matched the circles. I stamped circles onto the card folder using the frames from my 2" Just Rite Stampers set. Threaded through white cross grain ribbon and tied in a bow. When I finished the folder it all looked a bit bare so I decided to doodle around the edge in gold pen.....it looked horrible. Thankfully, I have these wonderful black border stickers from 'The Sticker Store' and it covered my mistake beautifully and was just what I wanted to finish the folder off. I did add a line of gold pen around the black border to hide my earlier markings. :-)

I am going to enter this into the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Wow this is super cute. Love how you have threaded the ribbon through to hold the cards in.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project, I love what you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,what a fab creation!!! I love the idea of keeping your cards in a folder!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fantastic,
    what a gorgeous colour choice,
    adore it,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us on ABC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is great and it does look really hard to make! You did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely creation..Super idea..
    Thanks for joining us at BBCC.
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever idea! And the colors and layout are so pretty!Thanks so much for joining us at Creatilicious.

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely project, really special and I am sure it will be treasured.

    Thanks for joining in with the Kaboodledoodle challenge

    Karen
    KD DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you describe how this project was formed in your head. I do that all the time, I think now this is simple and it never turns out that way.
    Your project is great, wonderful idea! Im glad it made it from your head to the physical product!
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great project love all the circle on it. Thanks for playing at the treehouse hope to see you thursday. Gloria M

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great idea - and it came together wonderfully! I love the idea of the punched circles. The colours are great too.

    Thanks for sharing
    Kylie K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails