Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stampin Vacations - Maze Card and Monthly Build-a-Sketch

Finally have found time to try out these two new challenges that Denise has set over at Stamping Vacation. I have decided to combine the two. Firstly, Denise has come up with this wonderful way to construct your very own sketch. Something I will be using in the future. The Monthly Build-a-Sketch challenge. Denise has given us a list of five shapes to cut out in various colours and these are what we used to create our sketch. As I read it.....each month Denise will add more shapes to our collection and suggest what shapes we used for that challenge. So above is the sketch I have come up with for this month. Below is the card I created using my very own sketch. Thanks so much Denise for the fun.


Now the second challenge that Denise has started up is called Card Maze. Another fun challenge that had me digging through all my crafting supplies. Denise lists items to slowly build your card. Now trying to find heart patterned paper that did not have red on it was the challenge for me in this card. But thanks to my lovely daughter for remembering I had this yellow piece of paper. I am sending this card off to my Uncle. The image I have used on the card is a Stampin Up set called 'Fun Filled'. Oh and yes, I have used my Just Rite stampers again for the medallion.

5 comments:

  1. What neato ideas, and GREAT Card! Thanks for the linkies, I never know where to find unique places like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you combined the two challenges. Be sure to post to each one so I'll know. You used the sketch perfectly and explained how the challenge works wonderfully. The whole idea is to get us all creating our own sketches and you did a fantastic job! I love the card you created with the card maze! Wonderful job.

    Thank you so much for participating in the BUILD-A-SKETCH and the START HERE CARD MAZE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the sketch Merry.

    Surprised how much rain you say you are getting, thought it was still summer and the rains later. Proves what I know.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Great work! I am thinking about giving this a go...but I don't know...very challenging! Guess that is the point...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job merry, I have just finished cutting out my pieces and am hoping to have a play this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails