Sunday, January 24, 2010

Craftmad January Swap - Flower in Basket Card

Morning everyone, it's just a tad wet here again today. We have Cyclone Olga (cat 2) off the coast heading towards Cooktown which is approx. 285 km north of us. It is meant to cross the coast at 4pm this arvo but hopefully as it get closer to the coast it peters out like most cyclones do. We are fine as we will just get rain. So yes we are wet. :-)

On to my card now, I have created this as one of my swap cards in the January Swap over at Craftmad. We had to create two cards using the latest Craftmad Journal - Hot and Festive as our inspiration. For this card I have used Kaye's wonderful little origami holder that she gave directions for to use as a Lolly holder. I downsized it and added it to my card as a pot for my retro punched flowers. I have cut the petals in four places and curled them slightly....saw this on someones blog in my travels but can't remember where. Attach the flowers with a yellow bead on the end of some green wire. Which I twisted to form a leaf before attaching to the pot.
The base card is SU Not Quite Navy, topped with SU Really Rust. The papers are from KaiserCraft Bird Song Collection.......so very pretty. I bought these from Blue Edge Crafts. Finished with a greeting sticker from the Sticker Store.

10 comments:

  1. Love the card, especially like the flower pot. Stay safe and inside! Keep the windows closed and the flashlights close, as my mom would say. Actaully she said you should always keep two windows open for air flow..who knew , eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card,love the colours and origami holder!!! I hope the cyclone passes by,take care!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card ,love the colour scheme.Hope the weather does'nt get too bad.I'm down in Tasmania where we don't have any extreme weather.Happy sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, I love the origami idea!!!

    Gee theres a lot of Cyclones about lately, but what I notice is they all have corny names! Its so hard to take something seriously when its names are Magda, Neville and Olga! lol. But Take Care all the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very effective card Merry, the foldin give lovely dimension.

    Hope you stay OK in the weather you are having, does not sound good at all.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS!! You are getting so creative with these cards!! Very unusual folds and stuff...I LIKE IT!! Never tried origami myself...been wanting to though. Is it hard?? Read through that journal...lots of good information and ideas! I read all about you too! :)

    I really need to take time to get out of my comfort zone and create something totally new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, I luv this flower card, very pretty in the warm colors...I also luv the needle case, even though I do not sew I have a thing for fabric....lol...it is funny how most paper luvers luv fabric too....have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear oh ,your work is beautiful ,this card is really fantastic...hugs laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails