Sunday, October 21, 2012

Question about Papertrey Impression Plates in Cuttlebugs

My good friend Helen recently purchased beautiful Papertrey Impression plate.  When she has used it in her Cuttlebug it only seemed to leave a feint emboss.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what sandwich should be used?


Helen has been researching and is up to this -  "I looked at the Papertrey Ink site and they recommend to use their mats which is one thick one ( the same thickness as Spellbinders ) and then a second one which is half that thickness.  I have seen that Cheery Lyn have a similar mat/pads available ,one thick one thin............    does any of your followers know if the Papertrey Ink and Cheery Lyn ones are the same ????    I googled and googled but couldn't find a good answer."

Apparently Papertrey Ink sell their mats for $7 which is great but it's the postage that is the killer as we are in Australia.  Helen was lucky enough to get the Impression Plate earlier this year as a mutual friend we know travelled to the US and brought it back for her. The reason Helen is asking about Cheery Lyn being similar is because this product is available in Australia....less postage to add to the product.

Thanks for any help you can give. :-)

7 comments:

  1. I would suggest trying adding another layer (or two) of cardstock to the sandwich so that it presses down more - or try the brown/rubber embossing mat

    ReplyDelete
  2. She may Get a better impression using her C plate plus a B plate instead of 2 B plates. Watch the thickness at the start in case it I too thick to go through. I used to use chipboard shims quiets often when I had a Bug as my rollers seemed to be a bi wider than others. ( I have a big shot now). I have also seen people that have used a shim made of thin plastic ( like ackaging material or in one case an ice cream lid!)

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all those wonderful suggestions Tamara an thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the 1st 2 comments. Also you could always try using a piece of cardboard in place of the cardstock if you need something much thicker.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a PTI die and I use my base A plate, C plate and B plate in the cuttlebug.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Linby....I will pass that on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails