Friday, October 19, 2012

Design Team Card for Unstampabelles Challenge #16 - Recycling


My hubby and I visited the night markets in Cairns on Wednesday night and I saw a backpack that had Campbell soup labels all over it.  This gave me an idea for a card.  The card really didn't turn out like what I had in my head but I did have.  Above all the labels and the now silver cans that adorn our shelves.  I did get my permanent marker out and wrote on them what is inside.


I ended up using only the beetroot can label to create these flowers which I have added to stampin up designer papers.  Finished with a wonderful sticker from the Sticker Store.

or,
Put in your own entry here so we can check out your recycling creation.

12 comments:

  1. Hello Merry,
    Those Flowers are very BEAUTIFUL and what a great idea to use soup labels ☺☺☺.
    Hugs Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Merry, what a fabulous idea, I love that card so much....
    At least you had the sense to write on the cans...lol...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative to use can labels! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a striking effect. Looking at a tin of soup will never be the same again!Lol. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card!!
    Love the flowers great way to recycle!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry, what a clever idea! Love the glossy look. Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness - that does not look like a card made from recyclables!! Fantastic Merry, I am so impressed :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like I plugged into your blog at the right time. Lovely what you can make from a throw-a-way! *smile* When's the deadline for this recycling challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  9. so clever! love your label flowers!! beautiful card, Merry! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful recycling Merry and very effective flowers as well against that background.

    Just trying to catch yo, been a bit of a bad blogger the last week or two.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry, check out this thread at Splitcoast Stampers on Making Do --Right up your alley with this challenge and all --
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/ways-make-do-instead-buy-new-t520403.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails