Monday, October 22, 2012

Craftmad October Card Swap - Pink


Hi everyone, ready to start a new week?  Bit warmer here today I think those aircons will be on by the end of this week. 

The card I am sharing today is one that I sent off to my partner for the Craftmad October Card Swap (more photos here).  Our theme was pink as it is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  I decided to make a Joy Fold card and started with some pink Linen Textured Cardstock, then layers of black.  Next I added wonderful papers from Bazzill the Vintage Marketplace range.  I paper pieced this wonderful stamp from A Passion for Stamps.  Then created the flower by dyeing some white lace in coffee for a short while, gathering the lace and adding the centre punched flower.  I finished with rub-ons at the top.  Originally was only going to add the word 'party' but the other words on the sheet just fell nicely on the card like this so I added them too.  Then a little black Happy Birthday sticker at the bottom.

I would like to join in the following challenges:



15 comments:

  1. Wonderful paper piecing. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that lacey flower Merry. We've had the air con on a few times down here.. just wish the heat would stay!! I'd probably melt if I went up there where you are :) I have some ribbon stash candy going if you're interested...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry, LOVE that woman stamp! Her dress is FAB! LOVE that flower, too! THX for playing with us at
    CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, I love the fun fold, and the fabulous stamp, what a great image!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love this image and the paper piecing, so lovely and love the pink and lace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card - love the printed dress!! The pretty lace flower - just super. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, so modern and the digi really suits the paper piecing.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neato...I really like the design of this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card!!
    Love the paper piecing you did!!
    Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card! Love the fancy flower embellishment! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card...love all the details. The flower is gorgeous! Thank you for playing at Stamptacular Sunday♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry what a super stylish card, I love the paper piecing! Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails