Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Matchbox Easel Card


This is such a terrific project and the photo really doesn't do it justice.  I was rushing out the door with this in my hand and remembered I needed to take a photo.  I made this wonderful Matchbox Easel Card for my SIL's birthday last Wednesday.  I was so lucky to receive it in kit form from Kaye who was part of the Craftmad get together.  You can see a couple more examples here on Kaye's blog "Crafty Kayes Room."   

The top section is a regular easel card adorned with beautiful papers, flowers, bird and bird cage.  This kit was so perfect for my SIL as she loves purple.  I really liked all the layers of the flowers.  The bottom section is created by placing four matchbox boxes around the edges then adding a top and bottom to the boxes to hold them all in place.  Who knew there was a matchbox die....not me.  Kaye used her matchbox die to cut all the pieces for the four matchboxes that I made up.  This die has now shot to the top of my 'need' list.  As I was googling to find out who sold such a die I saw so many wonderful projects for it.  A couple of years behind the trend, I know but still so much fun.  Finished by adding some Cadbury Roses chocolates to each little drawer.

Wishing you all a terrific day and thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.  It is raining here today and the gardens and yard are yelling out 'Thanks'.  So inside jobs for me today. :-)

8 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely is this and all the pretty paper and colours along with the flowers and birdcage only go to make it even more so. Glad you had so much fun making it. So what if it is behind the trend... "a thing of beauty is a joy forever".

    Your SIL will love it.

    Love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Merry,
    Wat een PRACHTIGE easelbox is dit.
    Uit ervaring weet ik dat het maken van foto's van zo'n model niet meevalt.
    Liefs Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I missed making this. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out really well Merry . Hope your SIL loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. Nice selection of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm finally here to check out your blog...I know it has been way too long! I love this easel box! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails