Monday, October 15, 2012

Trash Pack Birthday Card


I made this card for my friends son who turned 11yo on the weekend.  Normally I do a Looney Tunes card as he loves all the characters but I thought it was time for something different.  Last time I saw him he had these little toys that I had not seen before.  Since discovered they are the 'Trash Pack' and you can collect different series of them.  My niece just loves them too.

So I found a photo of some 'Trashies' to use for my card front.  I do like the bright and cheery colours.  The card base is Stampin Up (SU) Wild Wasbi, a layer of SU Marina Mist and a piece of SU Designer Series Patterned paper.  I added some silver star stickers to the left hand side.  Found these wonderful chipboard letters to spell out 'Birthday'.  I painted them with two layers of yellow acrylic paint and with the second layer I smudged it up by daubing with a tissue.  Thought it needed a rougher look as it would be with some trashies.  I have sprayed it with SU Gold Smooch Spritz but the photo does not bring that up at all.

Time to get this day started well get our daughter up and ready for school.
Have a fun day everyone.

9 comments:

  1. Merry, this card is so cute!! I've never heard of the Trash Pack before, but then my kids are all grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure he will treasure it. So much thought and care went into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card!!
    What a fun way to create a card with the picture!
    Im sure this will be so treasuered!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome! I be the will LOVE it!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Merry, Not heard of these yet, but I love the card you made with them, just brilliant.....mine are still at the Moshi Monster age..lol..xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of the Trash Pack....the things kids go for cracks me up! I do like how you designed the card...he will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Merry, I love the idea of using the photo as your main pic on the card, it looks great.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry, Your card is so lovely and your son will be thrill to receive it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a simple and fun card and definitely perfect for a boy! wonderful work as always, Merry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails