Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pop-up Birthday Balloons

I created this card at a Stampin Up card night that Ruth (Stamping 4 Fun with Ruth) had organised. Great night we took our own projects to work on and we had use of Ruth's and Shaneen's products. Part of the night was to create a card using the pack they had given to us. This is what I came up with. Not sure of the paper names but am sure that it is SU Certainly Celery that I have used as the base card. The ribbon came in the pack and I have been wanting to try out the pleated ribbon look that a lot of people have been doing on their cards. I pleated it and under each pleat put double-sided tape which held on the night. But the next morning a lot of it had popped up. So out came the sewing machine and I stitched down the centre.....forgot to take a photo of the change. The stamp is too cute. Sorry don't know the name but can find out.....I borrowed it from my friend on the night.

These pop up balloons I saw over at Valita's Designs and Fresh Folds. Be sure to click on the link as Valita has edited this post and added some wonderful ideas from other bloggers using her idea. This was so much fun. I punched out doubles of all the colours of the balloons. Cut thin strips of acetate and then adhered the balloons to the acetate. Valita has a video to show you how to fold the insert to hold the balloons. It is a mountain fold adhered together once the balloons have been added.


10 comments:

  1. great cards Merry!
    love the balloon idea - thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is an ace idea. What a great kids card. I would love it if I were a kid. LOL.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! So creative and it makes a wonderful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous,love the colours and the balloons are brilliant!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Merry is back! Great return with some fabulous creations! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Souds like a good session Merry and some very inovative work.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours on this card.The double sided tape doesn't seem to work on everything,ribbons are especially difficult.I find myself using glue on such a lot of my creation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails