Monday, March 8, 2010

Pop Up and Twirl Anniversary Card

This is the card I made for my Mum's and Dad's recent 46th wedding anniversary. This card is a one off as it took me a lot of covering up of my mistakes. :-) Still worked in the end. For the front I have SU Bravo Burgundy for the front of this card. Stamped a flourish from the SU Priceless set with clear Versa Mark. I have folded this lovely little pot holder from Kaye's idea in the Craftmad Christmas Journal. Added a gold sticker greeting from the Sticker Store. Twisted some gold wire into leaves and stems and topped with some beautiful glitter hearts I picked up from the $2 store.

This is where I started this card ..... on the inside. While blog hopping I came across a wonderful Pop Up and Twirl Card and ended up at Splitcoast Stampers for the tutorial. I misread a couple of the instructions so had some holes in the wrong places but I think I have successfully covered them up. When I first started this card I had a rough garden string.....for the record this does not work, it doesn't run smooth enough. I now have some cotton crochet thread. I have used SU Blue Bayou for the inside. The greeting I received from Deborah March a long time ago but finally found the right spot for it. Once again I used the Flourish from SU Priceless stamp set. Also the gold heart stickers from the $2 shop. If you go check out the tutorial there is a video there that shows one of these cards in motion. As you open it the heart section spins around.


I am a bit slow showing this off. Just never thought of taking a photo at the right time. I checked all the blogs in the One World One Heart (OWOH) blog hop in February. I so love this journey the second time I have taken it. This year I was lucky enough to win a prize from one of the blogs I visited. Kylie over at Antmee sent me two wonderful magazines and some beautiful Heather Bailey Design papers. Thanks so much Kylie and I am so glad I got to visit your blog and discover you. Kylie has lovely sewing projects on her blog be sure to check them out.


7 comments:

  1. great card Merry!
    I think I will have to have a closer look at this type of card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW, this looks fantastic ... and complicated, lol! You've done a fab job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *wow wow wow*
    What a fantastic card,Merry!
    Great work..
    Have a nice week.
    Hugs
    Swaani

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks complicated but waht a great card for your mum and dad best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done on mastering the card - I think I may have just given up! It looks great and so unusual. Well done on your win - lovely.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. Love your style and attention to detail.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so different to other cards and looks very difficult to do. I have to see it again. Mery, tks for all your comments, they make you feel good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails