Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Build A Sketch Challenge - Birthday Card

Morning everyone, a tad cloudy and showery here this morning.

This is the sketch that I have come up for Denise's Monthly Build A Sketch Challenge over at Stamping vacation. Such great fun. I love putting all the pieces together and seeing the sketch appear in front of me.

This is the card I created using my above sketch. I have made this card for a lady that I have met online and we have had some wonderful coffee morning together. I have used a glossy white pre-scored card for the base card. Next I layered up the wonderful Heather Bailey Design Papers that I received from Kylie over at Antmee. I have used this wonderful free digi image from Sketching Stamper. I have coloured the image with my watercolour pencils. Finished the card off with a terrific gold sticker greeting.

13 comments:

  1. lovely card Merry!
    I am working on my BAS too - just need to finish some ironing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Merry, so pleased to see you crafting - hope you are now sorted.
    This is a super card, the image is great and so well coloured. Somewhere on my PC I have this - must get it out! Your layout and colour combo is great. You obviously have a knack for this! ikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Merry and a fab card also. Hope your having a wonderful day. xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Merry,the colours are beautiful!!! I have had this image printed for a while now,I really should use it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well aren't you clever. A sketch and a card. Well done. Looks fabulous!

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some sweet comments... I did a post ages ago about how I print my own rub ons, you can find it here. I usually leave mine only a minute before I rub it onto my project - any longer and the ink does not come off as easily. My computer is pretty well always on and right next to my desk so it's easy to print off whatever sentiment I need each time. Have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Merry. Love the papers you have used as well as the lovely image.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Merry

    Love the colours here, the green carries to the vase so well and the flowers to the other DP. Beautifully co-ordinated.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layout you created! Aren't layouts so much easier to come with when you have those pieces? You did an awesome job with this one. Love the image and the papers you put together! Great colors! Lovely!

    Thanks for playing along with the Build-A-Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH WOW Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails