Friday, March 5, 2010

My Etsy Store - Standby Cards




I thought that I would give my Etsy store another try. Originally, I tried to sign up with Merry in my username but it kept coming back telling this was already used. So I thought I will name it 'The Pyramid' which is virtually what I see out my window. This is a mountain that looks like a Pyramid. I didn't realise at the time that my username became my store name. I sold a couple of things which was great but I didn't really put any effort into reading up on what would help to get more people to look at my shop so visitors dropped as did my interest.

Anyways, I have been thinking about items to create and come up with a couple. Closed my original shop and now have an Etsy Store called 'Merry Made Creations'. Much more appropriate I think. Even had a lovely header and avatar made special for me. :-) So now I am trying to think of flat, lightweight items to create. Only because I live Australia and I found that the customers I did have all lived overseas and the postage is a killer when items are a funny shape or heavy.

So I have come up with these card pack called Standby Cards. I am creating four cards which have a silver medallion added to the front. I then include six greeting discs so that the purchaser can add their appropriate greeting as the card is needed. If nothing else I have had a fun time creating these. I love the bright and cheery colours.

I have used white pre-scored cards and either added various strips of papers or a variety of circles which I have cut with my Spellbinders. The silver medallions are silver jac paper added to a thing card and then cut out with my Scalloped Edged nesties. The greetings are wonderful Just Rite Stampers.

9 comments:

  1. Great idea Merry!
    I wish you every success with your new etsy store. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, Merry. Good luck with your renewal etsy store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic contemporary cards Merry. Love the gorgeous colours and design, these should go down a treat, I wish you luck!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous idea,love the cards and the LO's are perfect!!! Good luck with your new store!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea! I have thought about trying to sell stuff on Etsy just haven't taken the leap yet!
    Hope you get lots of business!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Love the colours and designs.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your Etsy store. Like you most of my customers are abroad! I find t takes a lot of time and effort to promote your store. I wish you every success !
    Hugs jUdy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking cards Merry. Much luck with Etsy. I think things are slow everywhere these days. So just hang in there with the rest of us. :-) Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Merry , thanks for the visit and comment on my Blog . Good luck with your shop projects .
    If enthusiasim is any guide you will do ok!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails