Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Andrea and Paper Flower Card


Lol.....forgot to upload the image....second time lucky.

Morning everyone, it is a drizzly rainy day here today. Part of my catching up with my friend yesterday meant that we wandered around the shops. :-) Finally, I bought an acrylic block long enough to hold this wonderful 'Andrea' stamp from Ruth over at A Passion for Cards. I also spied these wonderful dressmaker pins in the $2 shop and bought a small container. I have seen people adding these to their flowers and ribbons and cards and it just is a great finishing touch.

The card was created for the Weekly Inspiration Challenge I set over at Craftmad. Theme: - Green and Cream. I have used a cream card for the base card which matched the Heather Bailey paper I received. Can you tell I really really like this paper. :-) The image is backed with SU Sage Shadow. I have coloured the image with SU Soft Subtles inkspots and my aqua pen. Copic pen E51 for her body. The ribbon and paper flower is from Blue Edge Crafts. I have topped the paper flower with two punched out paper flowers and a touch of bling. And used my dressmaking pin for the first time.

Exciting news I won the random draw for my circle easel card I created for my Mum's birthday over at There She Goes. They have a wonderful sketch for their challenge this week.

Lastly, thought you might find this interesting reading.....I did! :-) A post over at Going Green Crafters and Artists.......'My Blog is Carbon Neutral' I am off to plant a tree.

7 comments:

  1. That is a lovely card, way to go Merr!

    Its raining here too slightly the suns trying to peek out!

    Thanks for the Links I'm off to checkout the green one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Merry. Love the image. Great card.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Merry,pretty colours and love the pin!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! It's not pretty here either.. not raining... just not pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very chic card! Congrats on your win!

    Off to checkout the link...we can't plant here right now though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this especially the way the large pattern paper matches the stamp - great combo.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I'm am happy to see you using the Heather Bailey paper I sent you. You have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails