Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ipod Birthday Cards

Happy Birthday to our wonderful son who turns 16 today. Now that is a little scary because this means we will be at the police station this week and he will be trying to get his learners drivers licence. :-0

Thankfully Ruth over at A Passion for Cards posted one of her new digital images. As this reminded me I had yet to do a card for my son. This was Sunday and I didn't get a chance to start creating then and there as he was always hovering around. So thought I would do it yesterday (Monday). Sad....but I got caught up doing housework I forgot to make the card until an hour before he was due home. So some of this card was made right under his nose. lol.

I have used this months Card Sketch Challenge from over at Craftmad for the layout. I started with a blank white square card. I have just bought a whole heap of prescored cards from Blue Edge Crafts. They are so handy to have sitting and waiting for you to add layers of paper. I have used Stampin Up design papers but I am sorry I don't know what sets they belong to. I do no the green card is SU Kiwi Kiss. I have coloured Pip with my watercolour pencils and aqua pen. Then cut him out with my circle spellbinder.


Just a note:- if you visit Ruth's blog and compare her image to my image you will notice I have two feet. :-0 When I was colouring in Pip's jeans I suddenly thought that I was colouring over his foot outline. But now that I look at Ruth's image they are actually creases in his jeans and his foot is actually underneath him.

The lovely HuggiesCrafts over at Craftmad posted a photo of her Ipod card yesterday in the gallery. I thought that the whole project was wonderful and just perfect for my son that I had to try it out. Another rush. The template for this card is from A Time for Crafting which unfortunately you have to be a member to be able to download. Guess who is a member. :-) However you can see a You Tube tutorial here.

Since this is a small thing...I have decided to enter this in the Challenge #7 over at Creatalicious.



Aaawwww. Can't believe he is 16....

9 comments:

  1. These are great. Really good job with the ipod, what a great idea.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and ipod idea Merry. Boys cards are hard and I've had to do a few lately. Your card is wonderful and I love the extra 'foot' ;)
    They grow up so fast don't they!

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Merry

    It does sort of hit you with a bang when they can suddenly drive and it sounds like a year earlier in Australia as well.

    Great cards for a boy.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work...especially LOVE the iPod! My nephew just turned 18 and we celebrated over the weekend...he is addicted to his iPod! Maybe next year I will have to give this a try...or for graduation!

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    -Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. What a gorgeous card. I love the image.

    Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious this month,
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job creating a little something....love the coloring! Thanks for sharing a little something with us at Creatilicious!

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this is really beautiful! I'm going to have to try these colours with the image some time. You've done it proud!! And I'm glad your son approves too!!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome card.. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW how clever is this,love your ipod card!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails