Monday, March 15, 2010

Tilda Birthday



I had a fun time creating this card. I started black leather craft for the base card. Next a layer of the beautiful Heather Bailey paper I received. Just love the colours. A black scalloped edge cirlce Nestabilities. I coloured this Tilda that I received in an image swap over at Craftmad. I coloured her with my SU Soft Subtles Inkspots and my two copics. Yes, Stacie, I finally had a go with the pen you sent me...thanks...love the colour. I have added glitter to her dress and wings. Then cut her out with my plain circle nestabilities and added the black sticker Happy Birthday greeting. To finish off the card I have added three flowers that I created by cutting
rough freehand circles and then crumpling the paper up, open out and rub over with an emery board. My daughter and I had a chuckle as I was madly going through the rubbish as I had accidentally thrown one of the centres out. Here I am looking through rubbish for a crumpled circle. hmmmmmm

This card was created partly because of my Weekly Inspiration Challenge over at Craftmad. Which was one ribbon (mine got cut into three pieces), two yellow beads...centre of flowers, three flowers. The other reason for creating this card was to have a go at the Magnolia Down Under Challenge #37 which is 'Happy Birthday'. They are celebrating one year of challenges and I joined in their blog hop and was very very inspired to drag out a Tilda image.

I would like to enter this into these challenges too:

Crafty Creations#58 - Make your own flowers
Cupcake Craft Challenge #81 - Flower Power
Paper Cutz Challenge #32 - Anything Goes
Fun with Shapes and more #44 - Happy Birthday
Secret Crafter #74 - Anything Goes

13 comments:

  1. VERY fUN Merry, Love the new blog look too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Merry this is gorgeous. Love everything about it. Great job with the challenge and thanks for the shout out. thanks for joining us at MDUC.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,love the bright and cheery papers and your flowers are gorgeous!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Merry
    I was having a good laugh at the bin problem as that is something I would do and my 14yr old daughter would normally be laughing at me not helping..
    This is a great card I love her dress. Good luck with the challengers..
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Merry this is so cute.
    I love the colours and your wonderful colouring of the cute image.
    It's a perfect card !!

    Hugs
    Swaani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Merry, love those DP's and I am a huge fan of anything with litter on it, lol :) Thanks for joining us on our 1st Birthday at Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours! Overall the card looks "wow" and is perfect for the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty and what a sweet image ;) So glad you joined us on crafty creations this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I love this Tilda image...she is so cute sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good gracious, I forgot to comment about the marker...HEHE! I'm so happy you like the color...I think it looks FAB on this card! Everything matches perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card!!!!! So gorgeous!!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at MDUC.

    Hugs,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully crafted card!!! I adore the flowers...

    Thanks for joining SCSC this week
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails