Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Morning everyone, I started creating this card as I decided to go offline for a month. So just a tad late for the Pick Three Challenge over at Stamping Vacation but I still thought I would show you. The reason I wanted to try this challange is because I had never done the 'Spotlight Technique' before. I did find it tricky as I don't feel I really have a stamp that is totally right for the job. The three in green below are what I used on this challenge.

-Use an image that has something on it that starts with a "L"
-If you make a card for a female, add something masculine to the card and if you make a card for a male, add something feminine to the card.
-Add a buckle to your creation
-Tear an edge of paper
-Try layering two papers and cutting a border edge on each sheet but on opposite sides
-Repeat any shape at least 3 times
-Outline a diecut shape with crystals
-Use the spotlight technique

I have used SU Apricot Appeal for the base card. The border is SU Lavender Lace and Black Leather Craft card. I have used two different fancy edged scissors for each side of the border. Finished this with a lovely white greeting sticker. I have used Ruth's wonderful Orchid image on white card which I have run through cuttlebug using the Victoria folder. I layered this on black leather craft card. I have coloured the orchid with my water colour pencils and aqua pen.

Thanks for visiting....I am off to do some gardening, I think.

6 comments:

  1. Merry this card is lovely!! I have never tried the spotlight thing either ... your looks perfect!
    Also like the fancy edges on the right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know what the spotlight thing is, but I'm sure you've done really well with it because the card looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Merry

    I think you did the spotlight element beautifully, it's one I like using as it gives the card an extra focus of interest.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love the spotlight technique you've used! Lovely card, Ruth x
    PS Glad you are getting good use of your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Merry,what a fabulous job you did on the spotlight technique!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try this and know what you mean about the right stamp - you did a great job with this technique. Nice to see you back regularly.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails