Monday, March 22, 2010

Birthday Cards

Morning everyone. Thanks so much for your wishes yesterday. I had a lovely relaxing day. Chocolate cake cooked by my daughter and shared with my family. This was followed by very comical entertainment on Guitar Hero and me accompanying on drums. :-) I will stick to card making. I just wanted to share some of the cards I have received. These are the people that continually inspire me.

This is from my daughter who discovered my beautiful Heather Bailey paper. I love how she has cut the top corner off and added the triangle making look like it has been bent over. I must make a special mention here of my son who went out of his way and created a card for me on the computer.....very special. :-)

This amazing card is from my Mum. Love how the stickers follow the curves along the bottom edge of the card.

A fantastic card from my friend Rachel down in Ayr. I love how Rachel make corrugated card look so good. Love the added the beads and the different sections on the card.

My wonderful friend Fran in New Zealand has created yet another lovely card. The base card is actually a dark pink mirra type card. The heart is freehand cut and doodled on. The silver layering is from a box that Fran has recycled.

Lastly, today but by no means least this beautiful side step card from my friend Kaye (click here to see more of her beautiful work) over at Craftmad. I think this is very me with all the flowers, butterflies and gardening.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely selection of cards and a belated happy birthday to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, you lucky ducky!!!!

    Glad you had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Merry. Love the one your daughter did and very clever of her with the corner - must remember that trick.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh ... Happy (Belated) Birthday! What a lovely selection of cards there! Glad you had a nice day!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Merry

    Belated Happy Birthday. Pleased you had a good day adn what lovely cards to receive as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog, great work - belated happy birthday - looks as if it was a good one and so it should be!

    (Thanks for the blog comment too).

    xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a great day! I do love some guitar hero...I like playing bass! The cards you received are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails