Friday, January 9, 2009

Combined Challenges

I think this card looks better in real life when you can see the glitter sparkle. However, I had fun combining two challenges into one card. One challenge was the Cuttlebug Challenge #13 to create a white card. Couldn't help but add a touch of blue. The other challenge was a Splitcoast Stampers technique challenge #202 - Tacky Glitter.

This is what I did. I used white gloss card as my base card, added strips of jak paper and then topped that with white glitter (really looks better in real life), cuttlebug embossed Stylized Flowers and Swiss Dots and added as strips in between the glitter. The topper is a daisy that I cut using my craftrobo, added a heart split pin for the centre of the flower and another to hold the 'Thanks' trinket which I was lucky enough to receive from my Secret Santa over at Craftmad.

9 comments:

  1. lovely card and the touch of blue is great
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Cuttlehugs
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really pretty card! Great job combining both challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv the glitter stripe, I have to go check out the challenge..
    Thanks for playing with us..
    Thanks
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stripes idea - it all comes together really well. I must put this in the memory bank - a fantastic effect.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous - I love that layered flower and how you broke up the embossed image

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Merry, so elegant! Love the strips of glitter, they look so effective.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cuttlebug card. The flower is great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Thanks for participating this week :)
    Jenn M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails