Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Christmas and Birthday Card

Finally had time yesterday to do the other set of eight cards I wanted to give to the school as part of a prize pack for their trivia night. I will have to improve with my lighting when taking photos. I was trying to get the irredescant shine on the snowflake that I added with embossing powder.

I used black leather craft card for the base card. Ran the bottom bit of the white paper through my cuttlebug using the "Swiss Dots" folder. Stamps are from Stamping Up.......sorry I don't know the name of the set. As I only have waterbased ink pads I firstly used Versa Mark on the stamp and then applied the SU Brocade Blue over the top of that so that I could heat emboss the snowflakes. Finished with a wonderful snowflake button I picked up from Blue Edge Crafts.


I made this for my friends little boy who turned 8. She had told me about this technique for the background. Grab a gloss card and some wax paper (that you use for lunches). Tear off a sheet as big as the card front and crumple. Then straighten out and place on top of gloss card with wax facing gloss on top of that a layer of baking paper now iron using a dry setting. (Remember to put something under card as well to protect the ironing board) Lift off papers and using a brayer...brayer on different colours. You will see the wonderful wax design appear. Let sit until ink dries then give a quick buff with a tissue. I coloured the cool cat image from Hambo stamps with my watercolour pencils and an aqua pen. Cut to circles with my circle nestabilities, the back layer is Bazzil Bling. Added a strip down the side and used a Kaiser Craft Happy Birthday rubon.

8 comments:

  1. Cool cat! Literally! Wish I were there! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow my dear you are greate fantastic cards...Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW,you have certainly been busy Merry........I love all of your creations and have missed visiting your blog!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards Merry i love those snowflakes!
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snowflake cards are so elegant looking! And I just love the technique you used for the cat card! Do you have to use a separate iron than you use on your clothes?? Maybe I should purchase a separate one just to be safe...what do you think?

    Anyways, great work!!!
    -Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cat is FUN, and the snow cards are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry I love the Xmas cards ... so uncluttered and elegant. And thanks for sharing the wax paper technique. Love the effect.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those snowflakes, so effective, clean and simple.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails