Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ugly Swap


Morning everyone, middle of the week already.  Only a few more days left of school holidays now.  I do enjoy them though as life is so much more easier paced....no need to be up at a certain time, no need to be at sports or so on.  Enough rambling.  Last month our sewing swap at Craftmad was to find a piece of 'ugly' fabric in our collection and use that to create anything for our partner.  Now, my piece of fabric with the Hawaiian print is not the ugliest fabric going around....it's just the brightest.  My daughter picked this out when she was about 8yo and I made her a skirt for her.  She is now 16yo and not interested in this print and definitely not interested in Mum sewing anything for her. :-)

So I made this wonderful pen roll up.  I have seen these around and always wanted to try one.  I found a wonderful tutorial here at Skip to My Lou.  I especially liked the bias binding trim.
I made mine so that it would fit pens and sent it off to Kelly my partner.





13 comments:

  1. lovely :) I don;t think it's ugly.... just out of fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea and I actually love that fabric...l

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great pen holder Merry, Kelly is one lucky gal :) I like the bias edging too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FANTASTIC Merry. Wish I could sew..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!!
    I love those rolls they are so versatile!!
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tosi kaunis säilytys kynille. Minusta kaunis kangas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow this pen holder looks just lovely...i really liked this idea a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow what a great gift idea. We all have loads of pens and pencils and this is a great way of organising them.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bright,very bright and so useful .I love it.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so talented - love what you created. So what if the sixteen year old doesn't want it... funny how they go this phase and hopefully come back to us. Lol.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a fantastic project! I like the fabric. Perfect for storing those Copics.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun project and I like that bright fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails