Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Parrothead


So nice when you have matching papers sitting on your desk ready to grab.
I made this card for my SIL whose birthday is tomorrow.   However, she lives in Sydney (the other end of Oz to us) so it will be late.  My SIL is a parrothead, hence the parrot.  

Parrot Head or Parrothead is a commonly used nickname for fans of Jimmy Buffett. "Parakeets" is the term used for younger fans of Jimmy, or children of Parrotheads.

I made this card in half an hour...including colouring.  Today, after dropping my daughter at school I have a couple of hours in our house all to myself.  So I wanted to make this card and mail it when dropping her off so I don't have to miss a minute of 'time all to me' at home.

The card started with Kiwi Textured Linen cardstock already cut for a square card size.  The patterned papers are from Bazzill (Jay Bird Street and Grandma's Feather Bed).  I coloured the parrot (a kids colouring page) with my Copic pens.  Finished the card with some bling and a black sticker Birthday sentiment.

Before I head off for the weekend just a reminder that there is one week left to enter Unstampabelles challenge #10.   The challenge is an easy one.....all you have to do share a papercraft creation using the colours of your country's flag.  The prize this month is stickers to the value of $50.00 from the Sticker Store.

Have a great weekend everyone.


16 comments:

  1. This is so adorable and very beautiful!!
    Love the coloring! I'm sure she will love this adorable card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card and colours Merry..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colourful card! Hope you are well, Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your parrot is so beautiful! love the colors you used. your SIL will LOVE this! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure you SIL will love this! So funny that you call her Parrot Head! I love the fact that it is so bright and cheerful. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very, very cute card! Love the colors of the parrot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for coming by the blog hop and leaving such a nice comment. I am discovering so many wonderful encouraging ladies and so many beautiful blogs! Your work is lovely, so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Qué alegre y bonita te ha quedado.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Merry, love the bright vibrant colours they are so cheerful and with all this rain about it is nice to see something as lovely as this, the image is ACE.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply gorgeous Merry & all in half an hour too! Such a fun happy card :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this parrot, so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He He I am sure your SIL love this beautiful colourful cardX:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an appropriate card for your sil and in half hour - brilliant. Super layout and what nice colouring. Love his smile.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mother also like other birds. She has a conure parrot at home named Sammy and a cocketeil named Patty. They both live in the same cage and if Sammy gets too far away, Patty has to go hunt him down. It's so funny! I bet she would like this card too! *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails