Monday, April 2, 2012

Unstampabelles Challenge #10 - Colours of your Country's Flag


Morning everyone, what a wonderful day.  Cool, crisp and clear here this morning.  Bonus, the new Unstampabelles challenge #10 starts this morning and runs until 4th May.  Our challenge is:

Challenge #10Use the colours of your Country's Flag 
you will receive a bonus entry if your creation is not a square or rectangle.

I decided to try out a wobble card.  I started with a square 13.5cm x 13.5cm card and traced around the edge of a pack of cd's to get the bottom curve.  I then marked 2cm in from the sides on the folded edge of the card and cut from there down to where the curve began on the card.  

I had sat at my desk with the intentions of using the Australian Sporting flag with the boxing kangaroo but these wonderful red and white Bazzill patterned papers (Worth Remembering) from Blue Edge Crafts were just calling me.  I have also used the Linen Textured cardstock from Blue Edge crafts.  Amazingly found just the right flowers in my collection and added the bling centres to them from Pizzazz Aplenty. Finished the card off with a wonderful white sentiment sticker from the Sticker Store who happen to be our sponsor for this challenge.  Terrific prize of $50.00 worth of stickers.  So drag out all your papercrafts and start creating.  Just remember no stamps (rubber or digital) for these challenges.





Just a tip because I had one of those DUH! moments on the weekend.  I love my Clever Cut from Crafters Companion as it has all these wonderful lines to use, metric and imperial.  The one clever little gadget where the blade is held can be rotated to cut, emboss a line, cut a wavy line....as I did in my card above, does dash lines...like on bills you tear off part.  The one thing I don't like about this cutter is the guard across the cutting area is so large.  The smallest piece of paper I can cut is 5cm.  Until now that is.  I suddenly thought why don't I just attach a longer piece of paper to the bottom of my small piece that I want to cut........ like above.  This is me cutting the wavy edge onto the red and white paper.


As you can see, in the past I would not have done this as the red and white striped paper is entirely under the guard I can't hold it in place.  Even if I was to hold it from the other side and just put the small edge under that I wanted to be cut I always found it would move.  So now attaching a longer piece to the bottom opens up a whole new world.

Wishing you all a terrific first week of April.  It's the start of two weeks school holidays here for us.  Our 16yo daughter has already printed out a calendar of her planned events and asked me to pencil in what I have to do. :-)  How nice of her.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

23 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Merry, I like your design and those flowers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your card!

    Thanks for sharing with Come and Get It! See ya soon!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card Merry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I love that bling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card and love the amazing & creative design!!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love it! And thanks a lot for the tip of cutting smaller paper! It's a very clever one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I really love the reds and the flowers are stunning. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation and the red and white is very striking.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely shaped card, love the red and white.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very striking Merry and such an unusual shape.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Merry this is beautiful, I love those flowers, the colours and the 'wobble' card, super work.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and fabulous image Merry. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty! love the unique shape, too! lovely card, Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Merry. I swa this Beauty on MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fresh and crisp looking...

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fresh and crisp looking...

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So neat! I have not seen a wobble card before! Sounds like your daughter plans to take over the vacation time! LOL! I'm sure she has lots of fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting card in white in red. Thanks for taking part in this week's Come and get it Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Exciting , unusual shaped card beautifully decorated .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Merry

    Brilliant card!! What a great shape! Papers are just wonderful aren't they.

    Love the clever little tip too, thanks for that, I would have continued to struggle with trying to cut the smaller pieces.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a neat idea to create a rocker card. Thanks for sharing the tip. I am glad that you shared your creation with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails