Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Flashback Friday 22.0 First die used.



Well that was a long walk down memory lane for me.  Some cards I cringed at and others made me smile and remember the occasion I had made them for.  I saw when I first received my cuttlebug (Christmas present from Mum and Dad) with all the wonderful embossing in Dec 2009 but it wasn't until June 2009 (original post here) until I bought my first Spellbinder dies.  Best buy ever my plain circle and scalloped edge dies as they are in constant use still today.  This was my first card using them and I certainly put them use.  The dress is even made from scalloped edged circles I had cut.

This card gets a second posting because of the Flashback Friday challenge 22.0.  You have to show your first card you posted on your blog using a die.  This has to be a new post and not a link to the original post.

Thanks for visiting and leaving such lovely comments.


18 comments:

  1. l cringe too when l see my 1st cards to think of all the embellis that l used to put on them really over did it.......lol your card isn't too bad it's far better than mine its lovely:)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! Love that sweet dress! thanks soooo much for playing with us at Flashback Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card, Merry, love the dress you created! Thanks for joining in the fun at Flashback Friday 22.0 and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Merry. I am sure you now have dozens of dies..LOL..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love the little cute dress - very clever.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know, I never thought about it that way - that looking back also lets us know if that particular crafty investment was worth it? I know the few sets of Nesties I've bought have definitely been worth it too! I love the embossing on the dress, and its fun colours- thanks so much for linking up with Flashback Friday & sharing with the rest of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun to look back, and this is a great card, love how you used the scalloped dies.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so your cards were so lovely way back then... Love the colour combo and the dress is so lovely with the lace at the bottom. TFS,

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Merry, you have got me thinking about this now, Im trying to remember my first die.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great first die cut card! I love how you made the dress out of the dies too! Thanks for linking up to Flashback Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it fun to go back and see how much your crafting has evolved over time? Such creative use of your dies here! And, purple is my fave color. Thanks for playing at Flashback Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cool idea with that dress...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very cute card! I couldn't agree more as I use my circle dies all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute! I just bought a Tim Holtz scallop die this last weekend and haven't had a chance to use it yet. Mom and I went shopping at Michaels. We both had gift cards from Christmas we haven't used yet, so. . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails