Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Craftmad April Card Kit Swap

Lest we forget
Yes, it is ANZAC Day here today in Australia a day of remembrance.
My daughter and her friend were planning of getting up for the dawn service 3.30am.  Then they will be back later to march in the 9am parade with the Guide unit.  Me, I will be heading down to clap on all those participating in the parade.


Now on to crafting.  Earlier this week I showed you the kit and card that I swapped with Kaye over at Craftmad for our April card swap.  Well now I have the pleasure of sharing with you the card kit that Kaye sent to me.  Isn't the colour just beautiful and so many fun items.  Yes, I did enjoy putting this card together.


This is what I came up with.  I so love the feather butterfly that Kaye included I have not seen one of these before and the pleasure of adding so much bling.  I ration my bling out as it is so pretty and I like to hold on to it.  Although, I have tried  to use bling much more generously on my cards in the past year.  The bottom edge of this card is one of my new Spellbinder Edgeabilities E8-014.  I had ordered and received it the day before creating the card so just had to play.  I have to look more into these Edgeabilities as I was under the impression it would cut an edge as well as the lovely design.  I have hand cut the wavy line.

You can visit the Craftmad gallery here to see what card Kaye created with all these wonderful goodies.  Kaye's card is lovely.


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card with beautiful colours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! love how you used those embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Merry, your creation is so pretty, the swop was a good one and your card is amazing love the colour too!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite colors and that butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab colours,my kind of card with the bird cage and the butterfly.Very soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a neat idea and I adore the colour!!!

    awesome compilation of those items, I would be so daunted at first, but you put it together beautifully! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhh...Merry...*wow*
    What a very wonderful, beautiful....great card...*wow*
    A dream card is it..

    Many greetings
    Swaani

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty color and you did a great job with this card...looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is gorgwous, love that butterfly with the birdcage! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so beautiful!

    Thank you for joining the blog hop at Tuesday Alchemy!

    Lots Of Joy To You!
    Corrinne
    http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Merry this is absolutely gorgeous I really love the die cuts and colours you have used, the bling is an added bonus.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Merry, love the colour, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails