Monday, July 9, 2012

Frog, Wedding Favours and the Happy Couple


Hi everyone, a bit of drizzly rain here this morning.  Good weather for tidying up after our weekend.
Saturday morning was spent at the markets with a book stall and my cards.  I sold 4 cards, happy.
Sunday morning we had this frog visitor on one of the chairs on our back verandah.  Our daughter has taken the first photo of him resting on our chair.  She has added her artistic flair to the photo....framing it and ageing it.


I moved the frog later in the day.  Normally, I am quite happy to pick up frogs but this guy was so large that I carried him over to the garden on the chair and slightly prodded him off with a stick.  My hubby took these two photos.  First one has his hand in it to show how large he was.


Doesn't he look quite content.

Now onto the remainder of Sunday.  Their are a group of six of us that have known each other a rather long time.....school friends and one lady joined in a couple of years later a work colleague.  One of our group of ladies now lives in New Zealand and has done for 15 years.  On the 9th of June her and her partner eloped.  So us here in Australia thought it only fitting that we should hold a wedding reception for them.  We all dug around in our wardrobes or visited Lifeline to find an appropriate formal style dress.  We all ended up in Regal coloured dresses, maroon, royal blue, wine coloured, black with beautiful floral prints.

I decorated up two tables with tablecloths, bead pearls, two vases of maroon coloured leaves and ferns, plates and cutlery.  Photo didn't turn out.  I also made some Wedding Favours that worked as Place Cards.  I found a wonderful tutorial here to make these twisted wedding favours.  I cut thick white paper to the size of my Victoria embossing folder.  Allowing an extra 1/2cm on three edges for the sewn seam.  I cut strips of maroon and blue ribbon to go with the dresses we were all wearing.  Then printed out names on the computer and attached that as a tag on top of the ribbon.

Now our friend is married she has decided to have a hyphenated surname, keeping her name and adding his.  The initial letter for both of their surnames is 'M'.  So I now see her as Mrs M & M hence the filling of the Wedding Favours.





I used the sewing machine to sew all the sides together.



I did take a shot of my decorated table but with all the white it did not focus properly.
This is a shot of the finished wedding favour.


This is our proxy couple.  Our daughter drew a cartoon interpretation of the couple.  Both are a little  older in real life and a little taller but it was nice to have them present. :-)


Both the Wedding Favours and the hand drawn couple would be perfect entries for our CELEBRATIONS challenge over at Unstamapabelles.
Be sure to check out the challenge as this month we have two prizes up for grabs and some blog candy.

I would like to share this post at 

18 comments:

  1. That sure is a large green frog, I've only seen little ones.
    What an unusual wedding favour, I like it!!! Great embossing and love the wedding couple too.
    Sounds like a lot of fun
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Merry. What a delightful wedding favour box .And how fun the filling !
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Merry - enjoyed it all!
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous!! Such a lovely idea!! Saw you on MIM
    Nat -x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Merry, How lovely is this your talent really shines through:)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man....blogger just gave out on me. Let's try this again. Love the wedding favors with the M&M's! Your daughter did great with the drawings! Congrats on selling some cards and that frog looks good enough to eat! LOL! Just kidding of course....thought you might get a chuckle out of it considering our recent discussion on frog legs! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed reading this post Merry, love the favours you made, so apt;
    About that Frog....I actually thought it was a garden ornament...lol...now I love frogs...let me say it again...English Frogs...after seeing that monster...OMG....I would never cope...lol...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popping over from MIM to say hello and thanks for visiting me. Wow! That frog is very large and very green. He looks cute. Your wedding favours are a great idea and much easier doing them on the sewing machine. You didn't show us your dresses!!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a unique wedding favor!

    Btw, I found you on MIM.

    I would be oh, so joyed if you joined us at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com for our No Work, Just Play challenge this week :)

    Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic wedding favours Merry. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Saw this on Make It Monday and had to have a closer look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello. I saw these fabulous creations on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's a beauty. As you know from my blog photo's I get lots of wildlife in the garden but I've never seen a frog ,I'm sure they are out there .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea for a wedding favor and I love the use of the M & M's for the new Mrs M & M. I saw your project on MIM and had to see your wonderful green friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely in love with your project! Thanks for sharing!
    I saw this on Make it Monday!
    These are my entries: #77, #163, #183, and #258 and would love it if you could visit.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! The stitching is a great detail. Gorgeous! I am visiting from MIM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails