Tuesday, July 17, 2012

MIL Birthday Card


Hi everyone, last night we played Semi-finals for our Touch Footy game and I really think it was the best game we have played all season.  The team just clicked.  We are in the lowest division (the only way I can keep up) and it is quite often a lot of fun although some of the adults tend to forget and play for ship stations.  The team is a mixed team of females and males and also in this division a mixture of adults and kids.  At any time we are only meant to have two adults on the field out of six players and the adults aren't allowed to score.  We won which made the night even better.  So next week we should have a rest and then come back in a fortnights time.  

Card time.  I made this card for my MIL's birthday.  It does look a little washed out in the photo but I did like all the soft colours in real life.  I started with some Beige Textured Linen Card then a layer of Stampin Up Pink Pirouette.  The next layer is more of the beautiful Bazzill patterned paper from over at Blue Edge Crafts.  This one is called Wayfarer.  I added some paper flowers with brad centres.  A gold sticker sentiment and a stamped bird image which I raised up on 3D Foam Tape.  The large flower I made with my new Simply Scored tool from Stampin Up.  I have made one of these flowers before and remember how uneven it folded up but with the with my Simply Scored tool and all the embossing lines already measured out it made everything so neat and easy.  Need to find more projects to use this on.  To finish the card I dug out a couple of my circle Spellbinders and made a couple of layers and added the pearl brad to the centre.

Have a terrific day.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card! The pastel colors look really pretty and I like the medallion too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Merry, the muted tones are lovely. I love rosettes, need to use them more.....I make mine from a scalloped circle and score lines between the petals. I've yet to try using border dies for a nice edging on the rosette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Merry. Good luck with the touch Footy..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty...Love the soft colors as well. I bet she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the suble colours, the great flourish and the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Merry - I am sure your MIL loved it. Love the gorgeous, soft colours. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments - I miss being able to get around and visit other bloggers as much as I used to. Hopefully things will improve towards the end of the year and I will be home a bit more often.

    {{hugs}}
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails