Thursday, July 5, 2012

3D Paper Tole Christmas Cards



Hi everyone, yes I have been missing in action again.  My daughter has been childminding over her school holidays, today is the last day.  It has meant an early start for both of us getting out of the house before 8am.  Then when I return home I am doing things around the house and not getting in here to post.  Today, I am changing my routine. :-)  A chilly start we have had to the day too.  It was 9C when I left home but when I returned 1/2 hour later it had warmed to 15C.  The days are beautiful though....blue skies and sunshine.

Today I thought I would share the remainder of the 3D Paper Tole cards I have made up to send off to Tracey Hanshaw who collects handmade cards for Aussie Troops serving overseas.  So they can then send them back home to their family and friends at Christmas time.  Details are here.

All the 3D Paper Toles and base cards have come from Blue Edge Crafts and stickers are from Sticker Store.  The background of these blue birds I have used my Swiss Dots embossing folder and sprayed on some gold smooch which does look much nicer and glimmery in real life.

I just love these laser cut cards from Blue Edge Crafts.....such fin detail.  Behind the grid I attached some gold flecked fabric that I have had for ages.  You can see it better in the photo below.


 I must admit I do like my traditional colours for Christmas.  I have used my Victoria embossing folder here on green Linen Textured cardstock.  The sentiment was from a magazine giveaway.

I have used my Herringbone embossing folder for this card and a rub on sentiment.

 This paper tole I have had cut out for ages and never could find the right background or colours for it.  I persisted though and really like the end result.  This embossing folder actually has a frame in the centre which I have covered with the paper tole topper. I am not sure of the embossing folder name but it is new for me and sure to be a favourite.  I like the framed edge of it.  The sentiment is a rub on.

Well I hope your day is beautiful where ever you are.  Thanks for visiting and I hope to catch up with you tomorrow.

15 comments:

  1. Great cards Merry ;-) reminds me I need to make a start on my Christmas cards for the year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards Merry..hugs Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9C sounds good to me ,minus 2 overnight here in Tassie ,but the day does warm up a lot and it's very pleasant.
    Love the little birdie card and the laser cut is a clever idea.
    Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such pretty details and simple designs. very pretty holiday cards, Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Xmas creations Merry. They are all so different and creative in their own way.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great selection of cards - I love the one with the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great bunch of cards : )
    I don't usually like doing Winter themed Christmas cards, doesn't seem right when we are melting at that time of year LOL. Wish we were melting now instead of freezing tho : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful selection of cards Merry l do like the 3d effects they are gorgeous:)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super great cards! Really like that gold fabric behind the grid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Merry these are so very beautiful, wow, the images, colours and design look amazing.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're all so pretty, Merry, I can't pick a favorite! Nic work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love those decoupage images, I am totally going to have to get going with the Christmas cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, I will need to get going too on Christmas cards, but not just yet please! These are truly lovely though Wendy and I am sure the troops will really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are all beautiful, I particularly like the first one and the one with the herringbone embossed one is really lovely. Great cause too, we do the same thing here in the UK. Yours will be much appreciated I am sure. Thanks for the visit too! A x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails