Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Christmas in July


Hi everyone, I have finally found my way back to blogland.  I have missed seeing all your wonderful creations and hope to catch up later this week.  Thanks for visiting while I have been away.  

These cards were made for the July Card Swap over at Craftmad.  We had to make two Christmas Cards and send them to our partners.  They then had the choice of keeping the cards or mailing them onto Tracey Hanshaw who is part of a team collecting Christmas Cards for Aussie Troops serving overseas so they can send them back home to their family and friends.  Details here.  You can see the other swap cards here in the Gallery at Craftmad.

For the card above I thought it was time to play with some Washi Tape that people have kindly sent me over time....one being Annmaree.
So started with a plain white base card and tore off different lengths of the pretty Washi Tape.  I then covered another piece of cardstock with matching Washi tape to be the backing for the stamped image. I then stamped the tree image from the Stampin Up set - Crazy for Christmas. Coloured all the stars yellow and added a touch of Kindy Glitz.  I have also coloured a couple of the trees with my grey Copic Pens and like the end result.  A happy mistake. Yes, I smudge one tree and had to cover up my mistake. :-)


I have noticed a few people visiting my blog in search of Embossing Foil which reminded me I had some in my stash still.  So decided on making a male style Christmas card.  I started with red Bazzill cardstock then a layer of Bazzill Patterned paper - Dino Mite.  I then ran the copper Embossing Foil through my Swiss Dots embossing folder and rubbed the dots lightly with an emery board.  Used my Spellbinder Circle dies to create the topper, stamped on a Stampin Up Dasher image in Staz On ink and added some wording from the Stampin Up Crazy for Christmas set to fill the gaps.  Finished with a black sentiment sticker from Sticker Store.

We are just getting ready to start our August swap at Craftmad.  We are busy deciding on the theme so come on over and join in the fun.  

Wishing you all a beautiful day.....the weather is perfect here, cool to start with but lovely blue skies and warmer during the day.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards!! I seem to always make mistakes and need to hide them too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Merry, so nice to see you back...Love these gorgeous cards,alittle different and I like that....
    Wish I could say the same of our weather, up and down like a yo yo...lol..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Merry, Both are absolutely beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoyed your time away from Blog world.Love the trees on the washi tape card,the grey sits really well with the other colours.

    Sunday morning weather minus 2,brilliant sunshine/blue skies by mid morning -dried all my towels outside. Drove 90 minutes to the lakes and it was snowing -everything was beautiful in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these christmas cards, the washi rocks! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great Christmas cards, love your tree image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards and I so like the idea of sending them on to the troops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards Merry I do have a soft spot for Reindeer and brown colours so the second one really appeals to me.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails