Thursday, July 19, 2012

Weave Card


I have seen people adding weaved papers to their cards and thought it was time for me to have a try.  This is such a wonderful way to clear out some papers from your scrap box.
So I started with a white base card, then a layer of white card which I stitched around the edge of with my sewing machine.  Then I picked out some scraps of paper and cut a pennant shape in each end of most of the strips and then weaved away.  Finished with three red flowers layered up and some lovely suede like leaves that I have in my stash.  At the bottom of the card I added a Happy Birthday sticker.

This card was also created as Design Team card for Unstampabelles.  We are now halfway through our July CELEBRATIONS challenge and seeing some wonderful entries.  We just wanted to keep you inspired so that you take the chance to enter and be in the running for our two prizes this month.  Remember we also have blog candy to be won by one lucky follower who leaves a comment as to what was their favourite post over the past year.

I would like to share this card at 

Featured here on Inspire me Fridays.  Thanks Maria




21 comments:

  1. I think this a new favorite card !!!! I love everything about it.Your colors and patterns are great. Did I say I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weaving is fantastic...love the varied styles you try Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous way to use up some scraps!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of awesome layers and weaves, very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work and as you say, a great way to use up scraps of paper - I love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at an OBAG, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Merry, I like the weaving, the papers and the flower.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous sweetie, such lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Merry,
    Love your weaving, looks fab and I do love to use up bits....gorgeous card..

    Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my first tute...I was so worried no one would be able to follow it..lol...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cute idea. I love it. The colors just pop and the dimension is fantastic. I saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so lovely Merry!
    I'll be featuring you this week @ Inspire Me Fridays, thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely brilliant - love it best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to come visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #89, #90, #91, #151, #154, #155, #173, #254, #255 and #282.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card!!
    love the amazing weaving!
    Congrats on being featured so well deserved!!
    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great idea Merry and I love the effect of the weaving, such a great way to use up scraps. Hugs, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful bright weave card Merry, gorgeous card for your MIL to, loved the rain video and wonderful pictures from the rodeo, you have been busy, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic weaving Merry, I love the cheerful colours, they are great!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Oldie but a Goodie!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very neat idea! I never would hav thought of using the sewing machine on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Merry. Sorry I have not visited you this week but work has been very hectic...Loz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails