Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Paper punch cards (circles and retro flowers)

Hi everyone and a big wave to the new followers. Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog. I got to and made two cards yesterday for my April swap partner over at Craftmad. Our April swap was make two cards using paper punches and to forward on a couple of paper punched shapes ready to be used in May.

Ages ago we did a card with Ruth and she showed us how to make these great flowers by just using a circle punch. You need 8 circles on double sided paper. Take a circle and fold in half, open out and take the edges of the cirlce and fold to the centre line, turn over and fold these edges in again to the centre line......ta dah! you have just made one petal. Complete all eight and punch another circle, smear with glue and arrange the petals of the flower on this circle, add a split pin to the centre. The cupcake on this card I received in my mail as part of the image swap we did over at Craftmad during April. So now I have lots of goodies to colour. Might as well put in a plug for the sewing swap that will be happening in May. We are sewing a handtowel with the little hanging thing to hang onto the oven or a cupboard door.


This card was a bit quicker to do. I layered my new SU paper and card (still have to get names). Punched out large and medium size Retro Flowers. Ran them through the Swiss Dots and Stylized Flowers embossing folders with Cuttlebug. Added a brad to each centre, tied a ribbon along the bottom and added a Thanks charm.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards and beautiful colours!!! What a fabulous 3d flower,I love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails