Thursday, April 30, 2009

Apron and Tear Bear Card

Yes, I finally finished this apron. It took a little longer than I expected. When I cut the pattern out it looked okay in length so I sewed it all up without measuring it against myself. But when I went to figure out how long the neck tie should be I discovered the apron down past my knees. So I unpicked the bottom pocket area.......of course I decided to use a fancy stitch rather than straight stitch. :-( In the end I chopped off about 10cm and restitched the pocket on. I am much happier now....only hoping I haven't made it too short. :-)

Decided it was time use one of the Tear Bear Embellishments yesterday. I attached a small doily, added leftover gold stickers to the centre of the flowers, cut out the bear and inked around the edges in a matching mauve colour to hide the white cut areas, added a white bow. Finished the card with a vertical Happy Birthday sticker.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails