Friday, December 13, 2013

Birthday Card - Pretty in Purple


I made this card for our son's girlfriend's birthday.  I am pretty sure she likes purple so that got me started.  I admire Mary J's cards over at 'Where's my Creativity' all the time. So I thought I would try and copy her style.  The papers are Stampin Up and both sentiments are rub-ons.  I coloured this fun cake image from Paper Shelter with my Copic pens.  I did get carried away with the colours I used and one thing I love about Copics is you can put another colour or shade over the top of a colour and changes the whole appearance.  So I did tone it down a little. :-)  I thought I was finished with the card above so took a photo but something was missing.  So left it on my desk and revisited a few times over the day.


In the end I added the row of bling under the cake and a little star bling next to the word cake.  I think it  makes the world of difference.

Well thats another week done and dusted. Hubby and I went shopping last night and picked up a couple of pressies.  Nice to have them out of the way.  Our son is home next Tuesday which is exciting, can't wait to talk to him in the flesh.  Better get to and put some curtain rods and curtains back up in his room which we took down in the renovations.

Well have a good weekend everyone.

10 comments:

  1. It's a lovely card Merry and l'm sure your son's girl friend will love it too the colour is lovely becoming quite popular xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Merry, I like the cake image yummy card.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card!
    Yes, my friend said that the people who run this Christmas organization was very discourteous to them the LAST time they tried to donate their toys. Well, you are about the same age as my youngest sister. I was born in 1958, but I'm 29 and holding! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So PRETTY Merry! Your son's girlfriend will love it. I do the same thing when I am not sure about whether a card is finished or needs something else - just let it set on my desk and go back a few times until something "clicks" in my head as to what to do.

    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and yummy cake design Merry, love the background paper and bling.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just delightful and sweet. She is going to love it.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card merry love the purple tone ..n cake is wonderful yummy.. :)am sure she will love the cards to bits..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fabulous, I love the purple and great cake tottering over! Loving the sparkle and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Merry this is a fabulous, lovely card I love the paper and colour also that quirky cake looks ACE.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and soft, love the paper and the image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails