Monday, July 4, 2011

Unstampabelles First Challenge - Celebrations


Goodmorning everyone,  isn't today just wonderful!
Today is the day of our first Challenge over at Unstampabelles.

The challenge theme is Celebrations.  

We would love to see all your wonderful papercraft creations about Celebrations.

We have two important rules.  
1.  No Stamps (with exception of a sentiment stamp)
2. Have fun.
Other Rules to be found on the Unstampabelles Blog.

Our challenges are monthly and start on the first Monday of the month.
So this challenge will run 4th July to 31st July.

Our sponsor this month is Sticker Store.
and they have offered this wonderful prize:

12 stickers, acetate sheets and a book on using transparent stickers.

Now on to my card.  I have used this Iris Folding pattern from Crafts-U-Print. 

Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

 I made the image a little smaller to fit on the front of the Easel Card.  I have used metallic silver paper and silver jac paper for the ice bucket.  Then used a light blue pearlised paper for the ice cubes.   This was a learning curve for me as the ice cubes are created with corner folds which I had no idea how to do.  So googled!  Discovered that Valita's Design had a quick tutorial and I was right as rain again.
The green for the bottle is from an old Christmas tissue box.  The black is handmade paper.
Added some border stickers to the buckets and two jewellery rings to the bucket handles.
Finished the card with the lovely ribbons from Blue Edge Crafts and of course a silver Congratulations sticker from the Sticker Store.


This is my card as I was sticking each strip of paper to the rear of the image.
This is one thing I really like about Iris Folding as it always looks so messy and it is a lovely surprise when you turn it over and see how neatly it has all turned out.


A close up of the ice cubes.

Now it's your turn....please head over to the Unstampabelles Blog and check out the remainder of the Design Teams amazing creations.   Then add your creation to the link gadget so we can all come visit and see.


I would like to enter this into the following challenge.

13 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is a very cool card!!
    You are so clever Merrie. I love the idea of a challenge without stamps...sounds fun.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how clever is that! Thanks for showing us how you created it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful iris fold card Merry! Very clever and effective! Love your beautiful butterfly cards too! Beautiful pictures of the card, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Merry, your card is terrific - I love the iris folding! :) Shame on me not commenting for so long and thankyou for your lovely note the other day. The new challenge blog sounds fun and a great concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Fabulous card - I absolutely LOVE the effect on the bucket! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - I love iris folding, when I get time to do it, so relaxiing.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! This is gorgeous!! I'm going to have to try the iris folding as it's a real showstopper!

    Thanks for being so kind and sending a get well card to Ethyl! I have your name in the draw for the Stampscape stamps!

    Hugs,
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW a beautiful card and love the effect the Iris folding gives!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow merry this looks fantastic, what a great image, those ice cubes look so real, brilliant card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a unique card! This is something that I have yet to try. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool mix of techniques Merry! One day I would like to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fab creation.. love the iris folding technique

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails