Thursday, July 14, 2011

Christmas in July - Cards for Aussie Troops


Morning everyone,  hope your Wednesday was as good as mine.  It went somewhere in a blur and I did achieve a lot of things.....posting of card was not one of them though.
Now it is Thursday and I do have a card to share and a new personal challenge.
As I am not planning on holding in stalls at markets in the near future I have been wondering what to do with cards I create and really not had any mojo to create any.
 I suddenly remembered that I wanted to send off some cards to Tracey Hanshaw who each year organises to send blank handmade Christmas cards to our Aussie troops serving overseas.  Then they can send them back home to their families.  Well last year I managed to send in 10 so this year I have decided to try and double that and make Christmas cards for the rest of July other than my Design Team cards.  Also I will get to use up my bits an pieces of Christmas papers and hopefully have space to order some more for my own cards this year. ;-)

So this is a clean and simple (CAS) card.  I started with a white base card, then a layer of Stampin Up (SU) Riding Hood Red card.  Next was this lovely green holly leaf paper I have had a while and this, sadly, is almost the last of it.  Next I added the wonderful gold christmas sticker sentiment to the top and lovely gold snowflake stickers along the bottom.  The little images a chipboard giveaways from a crafting magazine layered on circles of SU Riding Hood Red.

I have also been playing with a frame around my photo today.  Thanks to Jill at Creating My Way to Success for sharing the link over at Design it Chic who has a terrific tutorial explaining how to add the frame.


Before I go just wanted to remind you of the wonderful Celebration challenge happening over at Unstampabelles.  We are so excited as we already have 17 wonderful papercraft creations entered all made without a stamp with the exception of a sentiment stamp.  
So pop on over to be inspired.  
Entries close 31st July.

5 comments:

  1. great idea, love this christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So kind of you to send your cards to the troops. This way you can really spread the love of a hand-made card.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card Merry, and a great idea too - I really must go through my stash and see what I have got for the troops ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Merry and a fantastic idea too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty simple design. wonderful holiday card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails