Friday, September 17, 2010

Christmas Cards using papers from my scrap box


Yes, two more cards today from my scrap box which will be heading to Tracey Hanshaw and then to the Aussie Troops overseas.  This time I have collected all my purple strips to create a background for this cute little image called Michua and his Christmas Tree.  Sorry I don't know where I found this but if you do please let me know as I would like to link to the owner.  I have coloured Michau with my Aquamarkers and aquabrush.  To make it more Christmassy I have added some Kindy Glitz to the edge of the tree and to her hat.  Finished the card with a couple more layers of card and a silver Christmas Greeting sticker from the Sticker Store.



This bright and cheery Christmas card was fun to make.  I dug out the pink and purple scraps and ran the pink through the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I added little silver sticker stars and holly bunches to the corners.  Then I used this terrific clear Christmas tree sticker.  Firstly I peeled it from the back and added the little stars and circles which remained on the backing from the circle and star shapes along the edge of the tree.  Hope that makes sense.  Then I stuck the tree to the green card and cut around it.  Added a little brown for the pot, then attached a silver star.  I adhered the tree to the card with 3D foam just to make it pop.  Finished with the perfect Christmas greeting sticker.  All the stickers are from the Sticker Store.

Have a great Friday everyone.

P.S.  Sorry Alicia.....I still have plenty of scraps to work from my box but thanks for the offer. lol

9 comments:

  1. Looking awesome Merry, love the non-traditional colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas pastel colors. Such pretty cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done well using scraps for these cards,loving the stickers they look great Merry.Thanks for the lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You work so fast Merry! I love the purples for a Christmas card, so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for my goodies,I hope they will inspire me ,I seem to be missing that sparkle at the moment.

    hugs
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear how are you,is wonderful your card,i love your blog...your card really impact me,i end you a hug..Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you are using your scraps - I need to use mine! The strip backgrounds you have been creating are really great - I think I might have a go at that (one day LOL!). Did you get the recipe I emailed you? If not let me know and I will use my other account.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails