Thursday, November 5, 2009

Christmas Joy and Craftmad Journal

I have a card here today for Denise's 'Pick Three' Challenge at Stamping Vacation. The sketch I used was for the Taylored Expressions Challenge #89.
I used SU Certainly Celery for the base card then heat embossed snowflakes from the SU Snowflake set using clear embossing powder. Next I layered SU River Rock and SU Sahara Sand and ran them through the Cuttlebug embossing folder 'Swiss Dots'. Next I stamped up this wonderful stamp I won in a giveaway over at Manic Stamper. It is unmounted and I haven't got to and bought any ezi-mount yet. So, suddenly thought last night, if I ink it and leave it flat on the bench then place the card I am inking it onto on top with a mouse pad on top of that I could use it. That is what I did. To finish the card off I cut a scalloped edged circle from silver jak paper (Blue Edge Crafts) and a plain circle which I embossed the edge of with my nestabilities. Stamped 'Joy' from the SU Snowflake set. TaDah!! all done.

For the Pick Three challenge this week we had to choose from the following list of stamps. I have highlighted the ones I have used.

1. Snowman or snowflake
2. Winter mittens or hat
3. Tree
4. Boots or shoes
5. Any animal
6. Sentiment
7. Winter Scarf
8. Sled or Sleigh

Over at Craftmad we have just released our latest Online Craftmad Journal. This time it is crammed packed full of ideas to use you stickers/peel-offs on. Some of my cards even rated a mention :-) Click on the picture below to see the list of online Craftmad Journals available (FREE!!)




6 comments:

  1. Well aren't you a clever chickie! Your card turned out beautifully.
    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card,
    wow congrats on being in the journal,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card and what a smart thing to try with the mouse pad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colours on this and of course the swiss dots. I think I need to get the certain celery cardstock
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry.......that is absoloutely beautiful.
    Lovely to see my old stamps getting a new life.......thanks for sharing this.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails