Saturday, November 14, 2009

Christmas Card Holder

Last night I spent a wonderful time with friends at one of Ruth's terrific Stampin Up workshops. You can see more of Ruth's creations here at Arty Inkers. We created nine cards and this wonderful Card Holder/Folder in three hours. I was really impressed as normally after a workshop I still have some card fronts to stick on. Not this time all done.
So today I am showing off the Folder and this is probably all you will see of these cards as I plan to send them to some online friends and can't ruin the surprise too much.
To create the folder you need an A4 sheet of card. We have used SU Kraft Card, fold in half. Now fold up approx 5cm. Cut a triangle away from the centre and a triangle shape from each corner of the flap. Now close the folder and with a hole punch (we used the crop-a-dile), punch a hole mid-way of each side of the folder. Now open out and thread through a length of ribbon approx 50cm long. Have the majority of the ribbon on the inside so that it can hold the cards or papers in place.
I decorated the front of the folder with the wonderful Stampin Up stamps that were available to use last night. Sorry...I can't remember what sets they belong to.
I am entering this folder into Stamping Vacation's 'Pick Three' Challenge. This week we had to pick three things from this list. Great fun!!
-Use anything you might find in a garage or workshop
-Use anything from your sewing box - Ribbon
-Use anything you would find in a junk drawer
-Use an image of something that is in your yard
-Use anything from your kitchen - Alfoil (snowflakes)
-Use traditional colors you would see on a holiday - Christmas - red, green and white
-Use anything that might be found in a jewelry box
-Use anything you might find in a library
Thanks to the heads up from Avril Ann I am entering this into the Tuesday Taggers Challenge which asks for a creations using no patterned paper.
Also entering into Saturday Spotlight challenge which as for a repeated stamp - snowflakes.
And Crafty Creations #41 - Snow

15 comments:

  1. Thats lovely Merry! Very pretty indeed and great for those Christmas Card Keepsakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Merry!! This is sooo very pretty!! LOVE your card set and all of those snowflakes are gorgeous!! What a fabulous wintry scene!! Thanks for playing with us at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Merry...again!! Congrats on winning the sponsor prize at Saturday Spotlight!! Please be sure to e-mail me to claim your winnings!! THANKS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and all in three hours! Way to go!
    Oh I see you won something too from Saturday Spotlight...CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW everything is gorgeous Merry and all done in three hours......what a superstar!!! Love it all!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry, no problems for the heads up, I like to see my friends taking part in the challenges I am part off. I love this Merry, some lucky people who will get one off these cards.....many thanks for joining us at TT this week, hope you will be back soon, good luck with the challenges.Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with this lovely 'snow-project'!! Very elegant!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely - great project!
    Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Taggers this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The card holder is a great idea!!!
    Only in 3 hours, wouuuuuw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card!! The snowflakes are so pretty! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Merry and thank you so much for sharing the instructions.

    I think this is something I need to try out, such a great idea.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us in our snow cahllenge at Crafty Creations, with your lovely project. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry, just wanted to let you know that your card is being featured at Stamping Vacation as one of the TOP 3 for the PICK 3 challenge! You did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this great project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wondeful project x Thanks for joining in with Tt this week x Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails