Sunday, January 7, 2018

Craftmad December Card Swap - Vintage


The Craftmad card swap for December was all about Vintage, not something I do a lot of.  As I typed that last sentence it got me to thinking if I was 'Vintage' lol.  So my first search on Google found this and gave me a smile. 

"Many people expect it (Vintage) to have some standard of date applied to it. Accordingly, most experts in the trade have decided that the term "vintage," when used in a way similar to the term "antique," refers to items that are over 50 years old, but less than 100. This kind of standard works when dealing with truly old, but not antique, items but falls short when using the term to describe something newer, and from a specific era. " This the link to the Ebay description of what is Antique and what is Vintage.

Hmmm,  'truly old, but not antique' not sure I am keen on that description. :-)

Anyways, for the card above I found some 'old' but not truly old (according to above link) Stampin Up stickers which I co-ordinated with other card stock in my stash.  Added a paper doily and purple ribbon to finish off the card.


More Stampin Up to the rescue, this time this beautiful paper which I thought had a vintage look.  I teamed it with a collection of white and cream flowers from my stash.  The two larger flowers to the left I die cut their two layered centres from some calico.

If you would like to join in these monthly card swaps this is the link to the closed group over at Facebook - Craft Mad Swappers. We have had people from overseas be part of the group before but with the cost of postage and I think time for mail delivery we currently only have Australian members.

7 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards Merry. I Love the secone card.. must be Vintage as I am way over 50..At least I am not a antique. (I Hope).loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Merry, I definitely qualify for the vintage tag, sadly...haha..your card works beautifully with the theme, it's lovely..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Merry thank you for popping by my blog, it is rather quiet there these days I'm afraid, Merry your cards are both absolutely gorgeous I especially love the first one, awesome creations
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both so stunning, could not pick out one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Merry ,Both cards are delightful, quite different in style I thought . Love the second one .I recognise the background paper and the flower centres are perfect addition . Thanks for calling into my blog and leaving kind words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both lovely cards I do love the soft colours you have used in the first one. As you can tell I am having a catch up day and sorry it has taken so long. You can thank several hours in the garden and the
    fact I can hardly move now. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaye, I keep looking at my garden and thinking I have to get stuck into it, all this rain has made everything grow literally overnight. Hopefully, next weekend is a little dryer to get stuck in there. Now you can sit back and admire your garden. :-)

      Delete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails