Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Craftmad January Swap Cards


Back in October last year our swap with Craftmad was to decorate a matchbox then fill it with crafting goodies to send off to our partner. The photo above shows the decorated matchbox I received and the photo below shows all the goodies that were crammed inside.  Yes, amazing hey. :-)


Our first Craftmad swap for 2018 was to use some of the goodies inside the matchbox we received.  I used the laser cut butterflies on this card and all the heart brad next to the Thank You sticker.  I used one of the pieces of this beautiful paper from my stash.  I think it originally came as a magazine giveaway but I love the colours.




I used the three white butterflies as a pop up in the centre of the card.  Coloured them with by pink Wink of Stella pen so the wings have a glittery effect.  The body I used a black permanent marker.


When I saw these gold bird trinkets in the matchbox I couldn't wait to use them.  There were two which I have adhered to each other but I didn't match the images up as I liked that the mismatch gave it a look of looking through trees. So I made a spinner card to show the trinket off in all its glory.  The beautiful papers are from a Kaisercraft pad I was given.


A couple of photos from last week.   My Mum and I went on a holiday, first time for Mum in about 10years.  I flew with Mum to Brisbane where we overnighted and she enjoyed the view and was amazed how much things have changed. :-) Next day on a train for an hour trip up to Glass House Mountains where they grow lots and lots of pineapples. In the background you can see one of the Glass House Mountains - Mt Tibrogargan.  At Glass House we stayed with my sister for a few days and caught up with her two kids, checking out where they now live, work and in my nephews case met the girlfriend.  The third photo is of my nephews (and girlfriends) house which is on an acre and has loads of fruit trees in the backyard which they are still discovering as they have not been in there that long.  Thats my sister out front. We had an amazing and very relaxing week.  The end of which we helped my daughter celebrate her 22nd birthday.  OmG!!! those years just keep flying by.




4 comments:

  1. Fabulous matchbox and goodies you received Merry. Love the card you made with them. I have not been to the glasshouse mountaine for almost 40yrs. I am sure it has changed. I would not recoganoise brisbane now..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun photos, Merry! I love those butterflies. You are right, time does fly; our oldest turns 50 in Sept. and her son, our oldest GS, will soon be 13! Oh, I also love the Santa card, very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Wendy, I love those butterflies and I realised I have some of those gold charms in my stash which I must put to use. They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails