Saturday, July 11, 2015

Craftmad Quilt Block Swap - June


Over at Craftmad we are swapping 12" blocks each month.  Our partner gets to choose the colours and the sewer gets to choose the patterns.  My partner for this swap asked for "Jungle/Tropical bright colours - So, think greens, blues, yellows, etc in leaf and tropical floral prints or colours."

Like my April Quilt block swap I have used the  block tutorial called "U Pick" .  The tutorial has you cutting out a certain amount of shapes which I did for three blocks, do a small amount of sewing and then decide how you want to assemble the block.  The pieces can be assembled four different ways creating four different blocks.  

My April Quilt Block is here….looks so different in other colours and fabric designs.




6 comments:

  1. Very pretty block! What a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so gorgeous Merry, I would be so happy to receive it....
    Happy anniversary to you, what a lovely family....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you two are still spring chickies, but not far behind us in anniversary years! Hope it was a happy celebration. Love the green and white of the quilt block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolores, so how many years are you celebrating. We believe we are spring chickies but then see a photo sometimes and think we may be not. :-)

      Delete
  4. love the colours - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails