Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Collie Paper Tole



Hi everyone, middle of the week already.  Thanks to the weather being showery and cloudy yesterday I managed to get some of my DT cards done which I will show you at the end of the week.  Nice to be ahead for a change instead of panicking in the last days.

Yes, I have another paper tole card for you today.  I really am having fun with these...they are fun to construct.  They also give me a chance to use some sketch layouts around the place.
This card I started with the Craftmad April Sketch Challenge set by Kaye. You can see other Craftmad member fantastic creations using this sketch here.
The base card is SU Real Rust then a lovely piece of paper from Corry.  I used my sewing maching to stitch around the edges.  Then used a Spellbinder oval to cut out an oval from a page of a book which I rubbed over with SU River Rock ink.  I traced around the edge of the Spellbinder die onto so SU River Rock card and used my fancy edged scissors to cut an oval for the background of the printed oval.  Attached the ribbon and this wonderful Collie Dog paper tole from Blue Edge Crafts.  That was to be the end of my card but I thought it looked a little bare.  So I grabbed my black fine tip pen and did some doodling....so relaxing, highlighted with some gold pen.  Then finished the card with three bling.  Oh and a rub-on 'Friend' sentiment.


I just have share these cards that my kids received earlier this week.  A very close friend likes to send them some little trinkets but never seems to make their birthdays, Christmas or Easter.  So she just combines the whole lot and we enjoy the wonderful little surprises she comes up with.
This lovely lady is very artsy and is one of those people that could sketch anything I think.  She is not a cardmaker ....but imagine if she did and had the supplies.  This is what she came up with by just cutting from magazines and cheap stickers.


Have a wonderful day everyone and I will catch up with you all again tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. OOOOH This lassie dog is my favourite you've done so far, so great! I love the colours and the textpage background!

    lol, great artsy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I would love to have a collie or sheltie as a play mate for my doggie- so I like this card a lot!
    Hav a nice day!
    Ilo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Collie! And neat cards your friend sent the kids! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Merry, love the Dog, so beautiful and the other cards are brilliant.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collie! I have a chihuahua. I've seen one Taco Bell dog like stamp . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. An incredible card Merry! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails