Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Candles

I blinked yesterday and Wednesday was gone. :-) I put the car in for a service, son spent some of the day home and then it was out to the cycling track to watch hubby ride round and round in circles. He did really well as there was only himself and another guy from the lower grades racing against the 'A' graders. He definitely held his own. I think these guys are pretty gutsy as the track bikes have no gears and no brakes. :-0 They really pick up speed and at the end have to do another lap just to slow down enough to get off the bike.

Well I do have a card for you today. This is my second card for my swap partner over at Craftmad. This months theme was dry embossing. Someone (sorry can't remember who) has given me this wonderful embossing of the candles. So I added it to a gloss base card which I layered with SU Sage Shadow and Perfect Plum. I embossed this cute tag from Stacie with dots from the Cuttlebug 'With Love' border set. Thanks Denise for reminding me that I owned them.

Time to wave to all the wonderful people visiting via the Clic n Cut Blog Hop. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit. I am really enjoying seeing all these new blogs on the list. I think it is up around 170 now.

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Merry, love the embossed candles!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stuff, I am so in love with embossing!

    Enjoy your days, they are definitely going quick~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great embossing...love the sleek and clean feeling to it! I also blinked and my whole week was gone!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Merry,

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    I like the simplicity and elegance of your card -- just my style! :)

    Happy creating,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Merry, love the simplicity of this card, makes it very striking, love your car card to, know what you mean about the weeks disapearing lol! Take CareX:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails