My Blog is a Great Time Capsule

 Hello, it's been a while, my life got busy and you know what it is still very busy but in a much more fun way. I do visit my blog from time to time but just haven't found the moment to share any news or creations. Seems like today is it. :-) I do miss my blogging friends and wonder what you are doing, hoping your lives are travelling along nicely. 

Since I last wrote, I retired just over a year ago and now realise how long my "One Day" and "To Do" lists are but I am having fun chipping away at them. I am now a Nana of a beautiful 5 month old girl who I get to see daily via technology, once in the flesh so far and counting down to our next catch up in December. Our daughter moved to the other side of the country also and is living nearby our son and his wife and daughter. We thought of moving there too but the weather gets too cold for us and we love where we live with all our friends. So we will be FIFO grandparents. My Mum died 2 years ago and I do miss her terribly but Mum had dementia and it was a blessing for her in the end. 

The really fun things I have been doing. I garden constantly and love that my gardens are now all mulched, weeded and trimmed so that when I go to do any gardening it only takes a small amount of my time then sit back and enjoy the flowers the pop out at different times of year. Currently, the orchids are flowering - magic. 

I have rediscovered sewing and just loving learning this all over again.  There are so many fun patterns available to everyone now via the internet and I love all the tips the world shares, so many simple one ideas that make life so much easier. Currently, I am sewing a blouse for me, fingers crossed it fits. I've been making the cutest little baby slippers and a couple of bucket hats.  

I'm still making cards for my monthly swap group, amazed that I can still find new techniques or folds to try out. I discovered an online community that makes cards for seniors so have joined that and make 40-50 cards per theme (four themes a year) for the 400 required in our local area. It's such a fun way to make cards as you don't have the restriction of knowing the person you are giving to so you can create anything. Also it's a great way to use up scraps and try new techniques and folds which helps me tick off some of those to do's. 

I catch up often with different groups of friends and try out all the coffee shops around the area or go on a hike somewhere. I have travelled a lot with different friend groups also.  Visited New Zealand (north island), Sydney, Wollongong, Blue Mountains, Perth, Cobbold Gorge, Undara Lava Tubes, Innot Hot Springs, Mission Beach, Hobart. Kayaked at sunrise in Sydney Harbour under the harbour bridge looking towards Sydney Opera House - magic. Helicopter ride over Cobbold Gorge - amazing. Walked the beach at Mission - relaxing. Admired amazing scenery at Bay of Islands. 

We took our boat out just recently and had the perfect day of snorkelling, I saw my first reef shark, yes, I was out of the water pretty quickly and opted for the SUP board instead. I still got great views of the coral as it was a very low tide, even saw another couple of reef sharks take off below me as I floated on by. We also saw dolphins sun baking on the top of the water, we had stopped to watch their fun and they came swan over to our boat to check us out too. On our way out we saw a couple of turtles off in the distance. On our way home we got to spend about 20 minutes close by two humpback whales - absolutely amazing. It has been my husband desire to see whales while we are in our boat, for me I have dreaded seeing them in our tiny little boat but as we stayed our distance it turned into one of my all time best experiences. :-)

Here are a couple of photos from all my experiences above.  I'm not sure when I will be back but I have really enjoyed checking in. :-)

Reversible Baby Slippers

7 cloth baby books, a pouch to carry flowers when you buy them at the markets, up cycled jeans and sheet bag.

Emus we saw when on bus at Undara Lava Tubes

View from inside one of the Lava Tubes at Undara. We have had a longer wet season so there is still water inside a couple of the tubes - close to waist deep in parts.

A couple of large kangaroos viewed again from our bus.

View on our boat ride through Cobbold Gorge - absolutely beautiful and serene.

Cobbold Gorge from the helicopter




Dolphin

Humpback whale

Humpback whales

Reversible bucket hat and matching slippers. One side of hat has bear ears and bunny ears on the other side.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Card

Sewing Today

Homemade with a Hop - Stamping Vacation